Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Stuck is the name of this game...

My body is revolting against me...a coup of the worst kind. I am officially in a stall, a big, enormous, amazingly frustrating weight loss stall. Pandora cannot help me with this one, it is now a battle of my WILL and my brain, and I feel like I am loosing today. I need to get out and work out my body and the Head hunger... whatever this is it is making me question my sanity. I crave Chocolate, salty foods, and let me tell you, Tilapia smothered in whatever sauce I make that day does not always cut it. Oh sure, it fills Pandora right up, but not that lonely, empty place that a food addict like myself fights to try and fill. Truthfully, sometimes I cheat...yes, I said it. A frosted animal cookie here, a french fry there, a cracker everywhere...it is like my food monster can sense the sugary salty goodness in my general vacinity and uses the "force" to have a light saber battle of wills. ( I am sorry for the Star Wars reference, but hey, I am Gary's wife and the mother of 3 manly boys) I have been loosing a lot lately. I cannot possibly do this on my own. When the stress level rises in this house I am a food maniac...I sabotage myself...I hate that about myself. My family doesn't help either. Now, before all you WLS people out there start scolding me let me first say that my boys eat well, but, they also deserve to be boys. Boys like Goldfish Crackers and Cheezits, Hershey kisses and frosted animal cookies. My boys eat really well...they NEVER over indulge and I think that has a lot to do with making it available if they want it. They don't have to beg to get it. With that being said, sometimes those things trigger me. My boys have to eat all the time. They are all growing and are in a particularly big growth spurt right now so they are constantly asking for something to eat. Apples, granola bars, fruit snacks, crackers...the list goes on. My boys have NEVER had white bread, sugary cereals, or other such nasty foods. They prefer Oatmeal, Apples and cheese, WLS crepes, and grilled chicken. But all those things, when in front of my face 24/7 can tempt me. Okay, enough on that subject, I need to eat!!!!

As I sit here eating my Progresso Light Italian Veggie soup I am reminded of the famous WLS phrase, "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels." Well, whomever ALWAYS believes that has never eaten some of the dishes I love prepare. I am working on changing them to be WLS friendly, but dang it they taste really great.
Whomever said I was taking the easy way out...those people need their heads examined more than me. This is NO cake walk. I struggle just like everyone else, WLS or not. I know I can do this new life, I don't have a choice now, but I don't want to fail either. I could certainly fail at this, and on that note, I sign off saying, I don't want to fail and I believe in positive thinking soooo, I WILL NOT FAIL, I WILL NOT FAIL, I WILL NOT FAIL...Food is a annoying EVIL!!!!

My new phrase for this week:

Smell no Evil, See no Evil, Taste no EVIL!!!

No comments: