Have you ever felt so discouraged that nothing seems to make it better...well, today is that day for me. It started well enough, a normal day, boys to school, me to therapy...then everything changed.
In one minute I found my keys locked in my van, the twins screaming that they were going to be late for school, and me having the feeling like that old childrens song..." just tip me over and pour me out!" Notice I left out the short and stout...who needs to be reminded! LOL
It would not have been so bad, I suppose, if I didn't have to call the dear hubby. Have you ever had to call the one person that really can't afford to help you right then? Well that is what I had to do. Reluctantly, I texted him and he came to my rescue. He was sweet as pie and left promptly for what was left of his lunchtime. Oh my headache began there. Therapy was good, reminding me of all the stuff I am upset about. That is always a joy, LOL! After being with Leslie for over a year now, at least I am in better shape to handle the mayhem.
The rest of the day was a wash. My friends hubby, noticing my downcast heart and headache answered with a quad shot Americano...yummy! I don't think anything could help me by then.
All in all, the day finished okay, at least no major blood lose from any one child. My headache remained for most the rest of the afternoon. Which brings me to current time:
Why is it that I never seem to get for anything what it's worth? My discouragment is growing as I find that I love my business more and more. The antique space, the Ebay sales, the Etsy account...all bring me great joy, but no money anymore....less than none. Customers expect so much for so little money. No one wants to pay for beautiful things anymore. Everyone wants a huge deal or it isn't worth it. Too bad for me I guess. I am sad...I love doing this, but it is hurting my bottom line now.
I dream of owning a antique store / coffee shop where I can be there to talk with customers, make tea and coffee and have people come in and entertain on the weekends. I am watching my dream slowly die with this economy. With each passing day my business that I love so deeply just slips though my fingers....
And time marches on...
No comments:
Post a Comment