Hi all...it's been a long time since I have blogged here and I guess it is time. I have made a decision to begin sharing all about my new journey. 15 days ago today I had my guts rearranged...yes, I had Gastric Bypass surgery. For those of you who know me well you know that this has been a long time coming. 2 years, lots of tears and some apprehension and here I am 15 days out.
Yesterday I began eating again. For the first 2 weeks I was on liquids only, and I have now progressed to pureed foods. Not exactly what you would call having a meal, but it is soooo much better than only liquids. I basically eat 5-6 times a day, 3 of which are HIGH protein, no sugar, low carb drinks. There are some really good ones out there now and I find myself drawn to them as security when I don't know what to eat. I don't really feel hungry...well, I feel head hungry, but not that rummbly in your tummbly kind of feeling. My mainstays for food things are hummus (only the Sabra roasted garlic flavor), tomato soup, cream of chicken cup o soup, Fuzzy Navel Syntrax, roast chicken puree chicken salad w/greek yogurt, salmon spread and shrimp spread. For water beverages, grape Powerade zero does the trick for me.
I have really looked to a book Before & After by Susan Maria Leach as a guidebook. It has recipes, encouragement and helps for holiday eating. I think this Thanksgiving will be okay for me.
You know...ever since I got really heavy I have hated my picture taken...really dispised it. Ask Gary...Well, I look forward to being in photos with all the men in my life again. I look forward to living again. Every day when I go on my walk I look around and things look different, brighter more alive. I am glad I made this choice, it is really hard, but I am glad I have done it. I am sure when 100+ lbs come off I will really be able to live the montra that Susan Maria Leach shared with all us RNY'ers..." Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!"
So, for confession sake here are the stats:
10/20/09 surgery day~ 266lbs
10/29/09 weigh in~ 257lbs
I look forward to sharing this journey with all who want to listen.
No comments:
Post a Comment