Saturday, November 21, 2009

Something totally off topic here...



Okay, so last night I went out to Sherwood to our local no kill animal shelter and picked up 2 gorgeous, lovey kitties. Their names were Wild Willy and Ed, but we just couldn't have those names here with all these boys who love hockey. So, presenting Stanley(Cup)Mauk 1 1/2yrs, and Rocket(Maurice)Mauk 2yrs. For those of you with the question in your mind...yes, they are altered and they love each other and act like brothers.
They are currently sleeping on Connor's snuggly bed and the boys are checking on them every half hour or so. For them only being here a few hours they have acclimated very well. They made themselves right at home and are doing wonderfully. We have fallen madly in love with them, even Raury who is always a bit stand offish with animals. Personally, I think this has solidified Connor's absolute love of nature, animals and God's wonder. He is telling me he is committed to being a Zoologist when he grows up. I sure hope so...it seems like a perfect niche for him. I can just seem him being a zoo director or something of that sort.
I will post more on the kitties later. I have been having some trouble remembering to eat the last few days. I AM NEVER HUNGRY! I have to set my alarms on my phone or watch to remind me to eat or drink or take meds. This is a lot harder than I thought it would be. I hope I turn the corner soon. Well friends, just a short post. I will write more later this weekend. For now, I want to go and play with the kitties!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Banana,

Read your Feb. 11 Blog. Your an amazing writer. Keep up the good work. Your Dad and I are proud of you.

MOM