Sunday, January 24, 2010

A day in the life



Since having the RNY surgery I have really been trying to improve my way of life. Of course I have been doing the good eating, loosing weight and taking my vitamins, but also have been working on our home and organizing our family life a little better. It is funny how everyone is so resistant. It makes me wanna eat...but I can't. So I try and find other ways to keep myself busy. I am on top of the laundry, the dishes, the dinners for the week and the shopping is done for the week. I am herding the kids around a little better, although it is like herding cats, I seem to get a nugget of truth in here and there. At least they are putting the coats on the rack and their shoes in the cubbies. I have managing to program that part, of which I am so happy. It is the other parts of life that sometimes get me down. It really comes down to choices for me. It has always been choices...choose to the do the dishes or let them sit. Choose to do the laundry a little each day or let it get away from me. By no means am I perfect, but right now I am standing in the midst of a perfect STORM...
All things are coming together to create what has, in the past, sent me over the edge and drove me to eat myself into another bunch of pounds around my middle. I can't do that anymore, so what do I do now...? That is a question I have yet to answer. It is not all about loosing the pounds for me, it is about loosing my old, anxious, vulnerable self, and replacing her with a more healthy woman inside and out. Dieting, loosing weight, WLS, whatever you choose for yourself, it is about changing yourself from the inside out. I am not very good at that. I have notoriously tried to change the outside without working on the inside and it has never worked. Honestly, I am vulnerable today. I miss my friend who is gone because her Dad died, and things are changing for our family. Hubby's parents are moving back to the states from Germany, which is really good, but there is an adjustment period. We are in that now...and life is hard sometimes. We choose how we will live it and we choose how we will live with it! The big deal is making the right choice for you!

No comments: