Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ice Cream Diet

Hey, on the suggestion of Eggface, I have become hooked on Max Protein. This company has it right. It does not taste like any other! It is rich, creamy, a little sweet and perfect in anything or alone. Tonight I made the ultimate ice cream with the help of http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/. She has a great template for Protein Ice Cream and I have been using it faithfully since I found it. I bought the ice cream machine she suggested, pulled out my immersion blender, and went to work. I have found that I like Soy Milk Ice Cream better than low fat milk ice creams. I think it is creamer and richer. So anyway...here is what I did (please note that this is not my creation, Shelly of the above blog is the creator of this recipe. I just tailored it to fit my needs)

Chocolate Peppermint Protein Loaded Ice Cream

1 Cup Westsoy Chocolate Peppermint Stick Soy Milk
1 TBLS Sugar Free Chocolate Torani syrup
1 TBLS Sugar Free Vanilla Torani Syrup
2 Scoops Chocolate Max Protein Powder
(mix these together with an immersion blender to add bulk and air to the mixture)

I added it SLOWLY to my Ice Cream maker and let it go for about 20 min

Then I added 1/2 bar Chocolate Mint Zone Bar ( Connor didn't eat all his this morning and I hate to waste them. They are good and EXPENSIVE)
I added it at the VERY END, when it was basically done.

I scooped it out of the barrel and there was lots on the paddle and bowl. Oh how I miss licking beaters. What a rush of happy feelings to be able to enjoy ice cream and not feel like I had to run 5 miles to burn it off. It is actually good enough for me to eat for a meal...yes, a meal! A little Sugar Free whipped cream will make it a dessert after all are tucked in and I am alone with my thoughts, the cats and my DVR recordings I can't watch when the munchkins are up!

I have never tried a recipe from Eggface that didn't make me smile! Thanks Shelly!

No comments: