Thursday, March 25, 2010

In and Out...

Well, it's be a while since I posted last. I have been sick, in the hospital and generally under a lot of pressure. I have remained as cool as a cucumber, well sort of. I lost several pounds while recovering from a little bout of Pancreatitus. That wasn't fun, however, my Dr. the nursing staff and the hospital itself was as close to a spa as I am ever gonna get. Gary took care of the boys, got them off to school each day and made sure they were taken care of. He did absolutely fabulous. I slept, and slept and watched TV and offered my arm as a pin cushion offering to the IV gods.

I entered the hospital on Monday night, Dr. Kitahama admitted me. He is a sweet man who has an excellent bedside manner. I already had experience with him during my gallbladder surgery and was very happy with his help and care of me. So, I had an MRI Tuesday morning, was diagnosed with Pancreatitis that afternoon and immediately had a better picture of how all the rest of my treatment would follow. So, Tuesday morning my RNY surgeon dropped in, dropped the bomb that she would be out of town with her family for spring break, and said I would be in the hands of her very capable fellow, Dr. Smith. I had no idea who he was or anything about him, however, she assured me I was in good hands and left. I trust her with my life, literally! So, later that morning I met Dr. Smith. Now, let me preface this by saying that I wasn't feeling well and had drugs coursing though my veins, but, dang, he is so sweet and so handsome. I suppose that the New Zealand accent helps too. Blue eyes, very blue eyes and so soft spoken. He has a great manner as well. It is just not right for such a handsome Dr to be treating such vulnerable patients...LOL! I see how women get crushes on their Dr's. Seriously though, he was very wonderful and made me feel at ease regardless of whether I had narcotic goggles on or not. Needless to say, I got better enough that he felt he could release me.
I returned home on Friday afternoon. Wednesday night I was feeling a bit better and the pain in my side was beginning to resolve itself.

I am back to the grind of life. Boys all over the countryside and less than stellar sleep because the boys are interrupting it at all hours. But on the positive note, I lost 5lbs in about 4 days and I am now at just 206lbs. Yep, I am so close to ONELANDER. 6lbs and I will be under 200lbs. I am so excited. I am now shopping in the regular sizes and I can't tell you how liberating that is. Size 16 going on nice and easy has never felt so good. I will so be in those size 12 that hang on my chair. Skinny jeans here I come! 77lbs total since I began this journey...wow, never thought I would be here talking about it! I am so ready to be at goal.

Have a great one...

No comments: