Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Tacoless Fish Night...

Okay, so for some reason I felt like cooking yesterday. I haven't felt like that in a very long while since I really can't eat much. I guess too much of a temptation. However, the farther I get out from surgery, the easier it is getting. So...last night I made Tortilla Crusted Tilapia with Lime Cilantro Avocado Dressing, Garlic Parmesan No Carb "Noodles" and Caprese Style Salad. Wanna know what else, for lunch I made Turkey Veggie soup with left overs from Sunday night. I have food coming out my ears. I froze 2 quarts of soup, and have left overs from dinner for lunch today. So, wanna know how I did it...too bad, gonna tell you anyway. I really should take pictures, but it never looks as good as it tastes...

Tortilla Crusted Tilapia

4 frozen Tilapia fillets, thawed and patted dry
1/2 cup light Mayo
1/4 cup Quality Parm cheese
California Garlic Powder
Cheyenne Pepper to taste
Salt/Pepper
finely Crushed Baked Tostitos Tortilla Chips

Pre heat oven to 425 degrees.
Mix mayo, Parm cheese, and liberal amount of Garlic Powder along with salt, pepper and cheyenne pepper in a large bowl.
In Pyrex pan put finely Crushed Tortilla chips,a little parm and some garlic powder to taste.
Dredge dry tilapia in mayo mixture till lightly coated, then into the tortilla chips.
Place on a lightly oiled jelly roll pan. Place in oven for approx 10 min depending on thickness of fillet. Put on broil to brown the tops after they are cooked though. remove from pan immediately and serve with sauce on top.

Lime Cilantro Avocado Sauce

Juice of one lime
Handful of Fresh Cilantro Leaves
1/2 avocado, creamed
6 oz Non Fat Fage Greek Yogurt
4 or 5 toasted Peacans
Salt Pepper
Cheyenne Pepper to taste
Mix all together and store in Fridge till ready to use
Use as dressing or sauce for fish, chicken or other poultry.

Carb-less Noodles

1 Spagetti Squash
1 Tbls Butter
Liberal amount of California Garlic Powder
Quality Parmesan Cheese to taste
Salt and Pepper to taste

Split Large Spagetti Squash, clean out seeds and pith, roast at 375 degrees, cut side down for 45 minutes or until soft.
With fork, scrape contents out of skin. It will resemble noodles. While hot, add other ingredients to bowl and lightly mix. Add salt and pepper to taste or any other spices you like. I think they are better than any noodle I have eaten. Mild, a bit sweet and delish!!!!

Try it everyone...

For the kids
Parmesan Crusted Chicken Fingers

Frozen Chicken Fingers, thawed
Best Foods Mayo
Parmesan Cheese
Garlic Powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
Panko Bread Crumbs

Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees
Mix up Mayo, good parm cheese and garlic powder in a bowl
Mix Panko and more parm with salt, pepper and garlic powder on a large plate or pyrex.

Dredge chicken in mayo mixture first, until well coated. Then coat with Panko and shake off the excess. Place on a lightly oiled Jelly roll pan. Cook on 425 degrees until done, then turn up the oven to broil, brown the tops of the chicken fingers. Serve immediately.

These are a healthy alternative to fried chicken strips. My boys absolutely love them and would eat them every night if I would make them. They are also great as a left over on salad for the adults the next day!
Have fun with the kids. Have them help.

Have a healthy day everyone!!!

No comments: